So. Hot. Right. Now.
For so many reasons. If you haven’t heard or read about the benefits of Turmeric in your diet you might want to come out from under that rock and get amongst it. This is my smash hit recipe I recently introduced at Caffe Republic this winter. There are many powdered proucts available but I prefer this fresh mix. It’s a great option when you’re sufficiently caffeinated or just in need of a warm cup of hugs. Perfect before bed too. I prefer coconut milk with mine, at the shop we simply blend up the paste and add a teaspoon to a jug of milk and steam it as we would for a cafe latte – it definitely works just as well simmered on the stove top at home. The paste will keep in the fridge for a couple of weeks.
- 1 cup organic turmeric root
- 1 cup organic ginger root
- 3 tablespoons organic, pure maple
- 6 tablespoons organic, EV coconut oil
- 2 Tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon Himalayan salt
- Blend all ingredients together in a high speed blender until smooth.
- You may need to scrape down the sides a few times.
- Store in the fridge for a week.
- I blend a heaped teaspoon in 200 mL of coconut milk and steam on the espresso machine
- At home, just warm it gently on the stove.
- In Summer I blend it with coconut water, ice and coconut cream for a refreshing iced drink