There are thousands of sweet potato recipes on the internet. This is the only one you need from now on.
Sweet Potato Chips
The most satisfying sweet potato chips you've come across
Write a review
- 1 Hawaiian purple skin sweet potato with white flesh
- 1 regular orange flesh sweet potato
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons organic, grass fed butter
- 4 tablespoons organic coconut oil
- Peel and dice the sweet potatoes into 2cm cubes (roughly- don’t be too pedantic!)
- In your widest pot - or an electric frypan, heat up the coconut oil until hot.
- I use a wide based pot with sides on it because the sides change the way they fry believe it or not. If you use a frying pan it will still work of course but in a pot or pan with sides, the heat creates almost a steaming effect as it rises up the sides of the pot and softens the potatoes from the top as well. This also moderates the heat in your pot. In a frying pan all of the heat comes from the bottom only and can more easily burn. That's great for cooking a steak or roasting in the oven but here we want to use a pot.
- Add the diced sweet potato and cook on high, stirring intermittently.
- Be careful not to burn but a bit of crunch never goes astray. We want some good colour. IF you stir them too often you’ll get no colour and they'll take longer to cook.
- Once they are coloured pretty evenly and you can squash a few of the largest ones with your spatula, add your butter and garlic and a big pinch of sea or himalayn salt.
- Stir to coat and add the chopped parsley.
- You are done, my friend! Nice work!
Food With a Conscience http://www.foodwithaconscience.com.au/