This salad is a daily staple for me.
The properties of Turmeric are well documented now, a bit of spice never goes astray for me and the pungency of pine nuts and sweet but tangy dried cranberries provide balance as a perfect side to any dish. It keeps in the fridge for three days and travels well.
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1/2 of one onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of curry powder
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- zest and juice of one lemon
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil for cooking
- handful of parsley and or mint
- Chop the onion and garlic in a food processor, add to large pan over medium heat with some coconut oil and curry powder
- Chop the cauliflower in the food processor until it resembles rice - not too fine or it will be mush
- Add the cauli rice to the pan and stirfry until soft, season with salt and pepper and remove to a bowl
- Add the zest and juice of your lemon with the pine nuts and cranberries to the warm cauliflower, then pop it into the fridge to cool
- once cooled, stir through the chopped herbs and check the seasoning. I love it beside any sort of protein, a handful of fresh picked leaves like spinach or rocket and best of all - eat as much as it takes to fill you up!
- This beauty will store in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 days - perfect for work and school lunches.