These little bewdys fill you up between meals and give you that guilt free chocolate hit with a pure, zesty lemon zing.
If you’re in a bit of a hurry, skip the vegan chocolate topping and just roll the base into balls and drop them into some shredded coconut.
Vegan Lemon and Chocolate Protein bars
Zesty Lemon and Vegan Chocolate while filling and delicious between meals
Write a review
- 1 cup raw, organic almonds
- 1 cup pitted, fresh dates
- 1/2 Tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 organic lemon
- 1 1/4 cups shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup organic, virgin coconut oil
- Pinch Himalayan sea salt
- 1/2 cup protein powder (vegan, unflavoured)
- Vegan Chocolate topping
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 2 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoons raw, organic cacao powder
- Blitz almonds to a fine meal, remove to a big bowl
- Zest lemon over the almond meal and add coconut
- Blend dates, lemon juice, vanilla and coconut oil together to a smooth paste
- Add to bowl with salt and protein powder
- Mix well and press into a tray lined with paper and refrigerate
- To make the chocolate, melt oil and blend all ingredients together. Chill until almost set then sit on the bench.
- Turn the chilled lemon slab out and cut into smallish bars then drizzle your chocolate all over and chill again to set. I garnished my bars with some granola for extra crunch and visual appeal.
- In a hurry? Skip the chocolate and roll your lemon mixture into balls.
- Make extra chocolate and spread it over some roasted nuts, coconut or dried fruits and superfood powders for yummy snacks and treats. Keep it in the fridge though it will melt quickly!
Food With a Conscience http://www.foodwithaconscience.com.au/